At Xwemélch’stn Etsimxwawtxw learning is a process of nurturing our students in a holistic learning environment that meets the individual and collective needs. Our teachings acknowledge that every learner is unique in their learning capacities, learning styles, and knowledge bases. Teachers utilize the voice of the families to guide the learning process.
Our program recognizes the value of collective approaches between learner, teacher, support-staff, Elders, families, and other Knowledge Keepers. Maintaining and fostering relationships is important for the co-operative nature of learning. Our relationships are based on respect, reciprocity and trust.
Learning community supports
- Proficient Language and Cultural Mentors - Vanessa Campbell and Rebecca Campbell
- Squamish Language - Kathy LaRock
- Cultural and Land-based Specialists
- Community Collaborations (Elders and other Knowledge Keepers)
- Educational Assistants
- Early Intervention learning support for all students
- Speech and Language Pathologist and Occupational Therapist referrals
- Before and After School Program
- Monthly Family Breakfasts
- Community Outreach
- School Bus services