Who can apply to Xwemélch’stn Etsimxwawtxw – Capilano Littlest Ones School?
A child is given priority registration to attend the school if they meet any one of the following requirements. The child is:
- A registered Squamish Nation Member
- A child of a Registered Squamish Nation Member
- A registered Status Indian ordinarily residing on Squamish Nation Reserve
If a child is not eligible by the above section, they may register and attend the school only if the school has available space and the child meets other applicable eligibility requirements.
HOW DO I ENROLL MY CHILD AT XWEMÉLCH’STN ETSIMXWAWTXW – CAPILANO LITTLEST ONES SCHOOL?
Families are asked to contact the school for application forms and applicable consent forms. Enrolment applications begin February 1st of each year for the following September.
- We ask that families complete the application forms and applicable consent forms with all of the required information.
- Enrolment applications can be completed in person or submitted through the mail. We kindly ask that families complete the forms with all of the required information to avoid any delays.
- It is vital that the school maintains the most current information on each child to ensure we are able to contact families in the unlikely event of any emergencies including secondary contact information details. We also aim to keep parents and families informed of school events or activities or any general update information and therefore accurate and up-to-date contact information is essential.
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF MY CHILD HAS BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE SCHOOL?
A letter of acceptance will be sent as early as possible upon approval of your completed application. Once your child has been accepted, you will be asked to complete an initial school screening for the K4 and Kindergarten programs. This will help us learn about your child’s strengths and to inform goals to best support their transition to school.